Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
The Salem Community
Salem has been designed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and dementia disorders. The floor plan is based on an open, “household” model; resident rooms open into a main living area so residents are able to navigate independently. Flooring and color patterns are soft and neutral to help alleviate confusion from bold and complex surfaces. The entire floor plan is open to enable staff to monitor all residents. The entrance is pass-code controlled to assure their safety and security.
Supportive, Caring Professional Staff
In dementia care, consistency matters. We know that individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia tend to do better when the faces around them are familiar and we maintain consistent staffing assignments in Salem as much as possible. With consistent staffing, care staff members are able to build rapport day in and day out with Salem residents and become familiar with their needs, cares, and routines. Staff members receive special training and instruction to recognize and manage dementia symptoms and behaviors.
Our nursing staff is highly skilled and experienced in caring for individuals with dementia. All rooms are licensed as Skilled Nursing so we are able to provide total assistance to each resident and closely monitor their medical, mental, and emotional needs.
Daily Life in the Salem Community
The Salem Community
- Secure, pass code controlled—a reassuring and safe environment.
- Consistent staff to allow residents to get to know their caregiver.
- “Household” design: living room, dining area, kitchen, and bedrooms.
- Each resident’s medical, mental, and emotional needs are carefully monitored.
- Twenty-four hour nursing care, total assistance and full medication management and administration.
- Social activities individualized based on resident’s needs.
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy Services.
- Geriatric nutritional management—three delicious meals served daily.
- Beautiful enclosed outdoor courtyard and walking paths for outdoor activities.